December in Lagos?

I never really imagined that my comeback to this blog would have me coming here to say that I’ll be spending my December in Lagos’ NYSC orientation camp.

Now playing: Eazy Commando – Ashidapo.

It’s 3am and I’m currently in bed trying to force myself to finish this cute can of smirn off ice and I can tell you that I have stared at my call up letter for so long hoping it would disappear but alas, it’s still here. It didn’t even help that the letter came in while I was dressing to go on a date with this man, from that point forward, I behaved destabilized. I didn’t even wear my wig well because I was in shock.

Right now, I’m scared of the possibility of having to go through what my course-mates went through in camp. My group chat was filled with a lot of stories I cannot wrap my head around. Don’t get me started on the food I was seeing, please I’m begging you.

I leave for camp on Thursday, I was posted to Lagos, thankfully but that doesn’t still exonerate me from the stress and suffering the NYSC scheme has so glorified. It still also doesn’t make sense that NYSC felt the need to post people to the north knowing fully well that there is unrest in that region.
 Also, I need to repeat that it doesn’t make sense that we have to spend December in orientation camps.

Dear readers, just pray for me and other corpers. Jesus Christ didn’t get born for me to go and march unnecessarily in an orientation camp.
I’m really lightheaded, smirn off ice does to me what tequila does to some others.

I’m going to be stopping here for now. I need to keep thinking of how I’m going to avoid anything strenuous in that camp.

Read my previous post here.

IF YOU’VE SERVED ALREADY, ANY ADVICE?

HOW WILL YOU BE SPENDING YOUR DECEMBER?

LAGOS PEOPLE, WHAT ARE YOUR DECEMBER IN LAGOS PLANS?

1. Anon November 30, 2020 at 8:45 am

Lol, you will have fun in Lagos camp

2. Lharmi November 30, 2020 at 8:51 am

Awwwwwwww.

Well since you were posted to Lagos it’s better, I camped in Lagos too and honestly for Lagos camp you will enjoy it so much but that’s like after the first 4 days, Lagos camp is small but loaded o, just make sure you join committees and be active (socials abeg) interact very well and have FUN. Lagos camp is really fun and they treat corpers better there than other states.
    Just enjoy the moment and have fun because in most cases camp is the highlight of the entire service year. The rest na rubbish.
    My prayers be with you ❤️

3. Simi November 30, 2020 at 8:51 am

My dear take your Money for mami market

4. Blessed Swithin November 30, 2020 at 9:14 am

Finally Lagos.
    Praying you’ll have a good and different experience. And others too that has to go, peace and protection.

December here spending it on lock down without family and loved once close again.

5. Blessing Smith November 30, 2020 at 11:11 am

First I’m even happy you got Lagos! It would have been another wave of different emotions for you if you were posted somewhere far. Don’t worry you’ll definitely see somethings to enjoy about the experience and you’ll meet new people too, some people will annoy you sha, lol be prepared.

6. Vicky November 30, 2020 at 3:15 pm

Awwwn sorry… I’d be spending my working and working… although I have the 25th off

7. JoyE December 20, 2020 at 6:19 am

Camp can be fun if you want it to be.
    I was also frustrated when my call-up letter came, I was posted to Ekiti when I wanted to go home and serve in Abuja.
    The first week would be frustrating but use it to study people, it’s amazing!
    The second week is the fun week, try to have as much fun as possible, you won’t want to leave when the final day comes.
    Also, hold enough money for mami market. That’s the only way you can eat healthy in that place.
    Camp is fun and also not fun but you’ll get used to it.