I lost my identity. Again!!!

If you people had told me that dyeing my hair would mean being rejected by God, I would have not tried it.

Good morning and welcome to the news at 3am, it’s your favorite short and cute blogger – Osastheking.

Pay no mind to the opening statement for now, we’ll come back to it in a bit. I hope you had a great weekend?

Now playing: Jonathan McReynolds- Lovin’ me.

This particular song today because it’s exactly how I’m feeling.

And when I can’t even love myself, Lord I thank you for just lovin’ me

Oh, in spite of me, Lord you keep lovin’ me

Lord I thank you for always lovin’ me.

I live by these words because everyday is another day to be fascinated by the unending love of God in my life. You would imagine my shock when I walked into an annual youth retreat and I apparently made every old female adult in the building uncomfortable.

The reason? My hair

I had been lenient enough to cover the hair while the ends stuck out of the scarf. I got tired of the scarf and removed it after a while because I was after all, in my father’s house. People stared, some in admiration and others in utter disgust.

The audacity?

Side talks started filtering into my ears, talks about how I had defiled the house of God with my colored hair. It was here that I realized that I had the option of staying at home for the weekend instead of bringing my hair to a place where the inhabitants couldn’t be classified as target, talk more audience.

Worst still, my glasses had chosen this same weekend to break.

Nobody confronted me directly, but I had become full blown discussion for the old female adults and it had generated to a very heated argument. People were called upon to talk about my hair privately, but not me.

All the while, I was there wondering what would have happened if they had seen this one.

Or this

My dear friend – Ruru stayed as far away as possible from the retreat because she knew what she was going to face and she was not in the mood to face it.

Shades were thrown, dyed hairs were attacked but the carrier never got to be confronted directly until Sunday afternoon when it was time to leave the retreat ground. An old male adult had approached me and stated that he was only approaching me as per the request of the senior female adults.Apparently they were scared that I was now carrying the devil on my head because he resides in colored hair.

They were also concerned that God had stopped residing in me because He didn’t love me anymore because of my colored hair.This was new but not as new as me hearing that my hair meant that I had lost my identity in Christ.

No, I’m not shocked. I’m just mad that you guys that follow me and read my blog posts failed to tell me that God didn’t love me anymore because of my colored hair.

Of course I know the truth and I’ll most definitely be fixing another color for this but I just want to understand;

IS HAIR DYEING A SIN?

IS HAIR DYEING AN UNFORGIVABLE SIN IF YOU THINK IT IS A SIN?

DOES GOD EVER STOP LOVING HIS OWN?

SHOULD MY HAIR BE BLACK AND MY HEART UNPURE SEEING THAT THE HAIR IS NOW A DETERMINING FACTOR OF HOW BORN AGAIN ONE IS?

HOW GREAT WILL YOUR WEEK BE THIS WEEK?

1. Tomiwa November 12, 2018 at 5:13 am

I’ve tried responding to your blog on the comment section but it doesn’t seem to be working. I’m hoping it doesn’t end up posting everything later on.
    I just want to let you know in summary that your hair, doesn’t determine/define what your relationship with God is like and that no, God is joy going to stop loving you because of that. I don’t see anywhere in the Bible that it’s stated dyeing of hair is a sin and I honestly don’t see why it should be considered one. I honestly admire all the hair colours you’ve done because it suits you and you rock it well. All that matters most is the motive behind why you dyed your hair and really it’s no ones business but yours. My week is going to be great because I have the week off from school. I hope you have a great week.

1. osas November 12, 2018 at 11:11 am

Please can I come and join you for this your one week holiday

2. Blessing Smith November 12, 2018 at 7:02 am

Your own is hair abi?..my own is dance oh, them assistant God called me all sort of names but I never stopped dancing and I would never stop..do you, the world would adjust .

1. osas November 12, 2018 at 10:50 am

Lmao please I love when you dance. Don\’t stop abeg.
      It doesn\’t make you less holier than the holies of holies

3. Blessing November 12, 2018 at 9:43 am

Abegi….. Dying hair a sin? I don\’t really know about that but for me it doesn\’t define who you are, it doesn\’t determine if you\’ll make heaven or if you are pure of heart…. Frankly I hate old people that do that, this our country and generation sef especially the elders in church can be annoying sometimes but girl I have one thing to tell you,….flunt your hair girl, be you God has come through in mighty ways and he\’ll keep coming through… Who are they to judge if God still lives in you or not….let them wait and see the amazing things God in store for you…. Ignore them babes as long as your heart is pure and you are doing the right thing then continue

4. Blessing November 12, 2018 at 9:44 am

Abegi….. Dyeing hair a sin? I don\’t really know about that but for me it doesn\’t define who you are, it doesn\’t determine if you\’ll make heaven or if you are pure of heart…. Frankly I hate old people that do that, this our country and generation sef especially the elders in church can be annoying sometimes but girl I have one thing to tell you,….flunt your hair girl, be you God has come through in mighty ways and he\’ll keep coming through… Who are they to judge if God still lives in you or not….let them wait and see the amazing things God in store for you…. Ignore them babes as long as your heart is pure and you are doing the right thing then continue

1. osas November 12, 2018 at 10:49 am

My dear thank you o.
      I\’ve never hurt anybody especially with my hair. They\’ll be alright

5. Abiola November 12, 2018 at 9:50 am

I don’t go to church anymore. I could write a very long list as to why I don’t but the backward mentality of so many church goers definitely tops the list.

1. osas November 12, 2018 at 10:44 am

Keyword: mentality!!! It\’s crazy

6. osas November 12, 2018 at 10:49 am

You don\’t have sense

7. osas November 12, 2018 at 11:08 am

Lmao please, God is not a God of hate

8. osas November 12, 2018 at 11:08 am

Your week will be fine

9. osas November 12, 2018 at 11:12 am

You should know your coordinators, there was nothing they did not say

10. osas November 12, 2018 at 11:13 am

Religious and spiritual people with no ounce of love. It is well with your week

11. osas November 12, 2018 at 11:14 am

Lmao they want to monitor an adult? At your big age? Please they should not annoy me

12. Jacqueline November 12, 2018 at 11:46 am

Dear Osas,
    They\’ll talk and talk trust me but it won\’t change nothing.
    My cousin kept her Spirogyra green hair for the longesttt.
    People said lots of shiitt , but mannss gave them pepper red later. Half of these people have no mind of their own and their \”idea \” of what a Christian should look like is just crazy.

Hook me up with your hair plug.
    Blue would be nice for me this harmattan.
    Cheers!

13. Dami November 12, 2018 at 12:29 pm

They are the Emotional Counsellors to Christ….Do they know that there are actually people who still have their BLACK hair on but already have RESERVED Real Estate in Hell….
    The realistic truth is that.. This is Nigeria… Where Christianity is not practiced…. It has become an institution made with law enforcers….We just have to live with it…..

1. osas November 12, 2018 at 2:12 pm

This just sums it all up. It has become an institution where we\’re being headed by Holy Ghost assistants

14. Tolani November 12, 2018 at 12:32 pm

What you wear or how you appear doesn\’t change who you are, it only changes people\’s perception based on their own judgemental views/opinions. Please keep giving them topic to talk about.
    I also want to dye my hair just indecisive on the colour

1. osas November 12, 2018 at 2:34 pm

Lmao I need them to talk, it\’s just sad that they\’re portraying me badly

15. Zainab November 12, 2018 at 12:42 pm

I\’m a Muslim and in Islam it is forbidden to dye your hair black, all other colours are allowed as far as I know, but try dyeing your hair another colour, everybody will have something to say. You can\’t really please everybody. I feel it is just hair, do what you want with it, it doesn\’t determine what is in your heart but I guess Nigerian elders don\’t understand that.

16. Bisola Williams November 12, 2018 at 2:33 pm

osas dear, dyeing your hair is not a sin , to my best knowledge it is only when you are old and have grey hair and you try to dye it into black to make people think you are still young that is when i think it is a sin. All these people that think they wrote the Lord\’s commandments with him Abegggiiiiii

17. Mz_onyiiii November 12, 2018 at 3:42 pm

funny how people criticise others for something when they do worse things in their closet……dyeing your hair ain\’t no sin dear……

1. osas November 12, 2018 at 4:35 pm

They have no idea at all. They\’re sinless according to them

18. GAP TOOTHED November 12, 2018 at 4:11 pm

On every post of yours, I get to download new songs❤ Who do we the mentee do if our mentor suddenly changes? What path do we thread now?
    Dear, only God knows those that worship him genuinely. Hypocrisy gets nobody nowhere..

1. osas November 12, 2018 at 4:40 pm

Yaaay I\’m so glad you get to download songs from my blog. Only God knows o

19. ofm November 12, 2018 at 4:23 pm

Please by the standard of what these guys are talking from, one would think there is an app on play store where by you can use to. Judge or weigh someone\’s relationship with the father, John 3 VS 17
    And please I don\’t see why the perfect and healed are going to the hospital, when the church is already a place where those who need the father more should come then who are those chasing them away.
    Men will always be men Sha, always quick to judge others and never forgetting that they themselves are not perfect, #SomeWithMighteirSkeletonsWillPretend

1. osas November 12, 2018 at 4:40 pm

Shake the tableeeeee

20. osas November 12, 2018 at 4:30 pm

Amen my brother

21. osas November 12, 2018 at 4:33 pm

No don\’t do that

22. Rainbow November 12, 2018 at 5:23 pm

Dear Osas, it seems to me like you have so many assistant Jesus Christ\’s at that retreat that they alone know the exact feeling of God towards you and your amazing hair simply because they are part of the holy spirit. There is no criteria in the bible that exactly stipulates that your hair must be a certain way for your heavenly father to shower love upon you. If that were the case blondes, redheads and those with relaxed hair would simply cease to exist cos they will be smite down with lightning. Your hair colour did not break any of the 10 commandments did it? Next time someone attempts to question you about your hair colour ask to be shown the exact quote in the bible that said The Lord God will limit his love to you for changing your hair colour.

23. Success Atata November 12, 2018 at 7:23 pm

Dyeing of hair is not a sin. There is no where in the bible that it\’s written… I love you whichever way

24. Bimbo November 13, 2018 at 11:13 am

So I had to post a comment on your blog for the first time because of this hair issue sha,I sha like the part were you said should your hair be black and your heart unpure,that is what people haven\’t come to understand yet,you have no problem with any colour you want on your head sha, just have the right colour on your heart and you will be fine babygirl..

1. osas November 13, 2018 at 3:56 pm

Thank you my darling. I love your comment and would love for you to comment more often

25. Onaope November 13, 2018 at 11:23 am

Christians are so hypocritical these days. I was talking to someone and I mentioned that a male chorister in my church has dreads. Next thing I heard \” How can a servant of God do that? How can God use him to minister?\” .People often forget that God is only concerned with the our hearts. It\’s just like saying because I\’m fat or because I\’m short God would love me less. Oh and by the way I looooooooove your hair and I\’m earnestly awaiting the next colour

1. osas November 13, 2018 at 3:59 pm

It\’s just like saying that God doesn\’t like the mad people on the road dressed in dirty clothes. We need to learn a lot

26. Ruru November 13, 2018 at 12:34 pm

All I have to say is that, attention is directed at the wrongest things. Don’t form your own bible verses and impose them on people. Whether you have gold hair brown hair or red hair, God almighty the creator of heaven and earth still and would forever recognize His own.

1. osas November 13, 2018 at 4:00 pm

Purple haired girl

27. osas November 13, 2018 at 4:01 pm

28. Abisoye November 14, 2018 at 12:46 pm

Oh well… babe. What can separate you from the love of God?? Sadly they don\’t see the sin of judging but the colour of your hair means you have a demon in you, lol. Babes abeg I dey your back always. Someone we both know once called me a dog and a sango worshipper and that I\’m in chains because I was wearing an anklet. Guess what? I added 2 more anklets to it after giving him the lecture of His life, of course the next time he saw me with the 3 anklets he said he loved them. You can\’t be stupid around me. No time for iranu. If you define my spirituality by a piece of jewelry then all your life as a so called christian is a waste, as you have learnt nothing. May God save us from \”assistant Holy Spirits\”.

29. osas November 14, 2018 at 1:15 pm

All I am saying!!!

30. Tobee Awosika November 14, 2018 at 1:30 pm

Lmao. Self righteous folks. Lemme not talk. Keep making me proud Osas❤

31. Nifemi November 17, 2018 at 1:48 am

Osas ooooo..I went for NYLR jere with my fixed nails colored peach. I wore my rings (3). They\’re lucky I didn\’t wear five like I do in school. Anywhoo all these women sha made me topic of discussion and sending representatives to come talk to me, talking about moderation and all that. I\’m there like your definition of moderation isn\’t the same as mine. So you\’re telling me to do things according to your standard, whereas Jesus Christ is my standard. As you know…my nails have made me less of a Christian. I\’m tired abeg

32. glory November 21, 2018 at 6:56 pm

Funny how people think
    I love coloured hair, most of my braids are always coloured but my hair isn\’t dyed ,planning to dye it when I go low, I have face so many challenges abt my coloured braids but that doesn\’t change my lifestyle with God, but I feel what they don\’t feel is the beauty in looking different

33. osas December 20, 2018 at 5:42 pm