Who Missed Me?

Hey guys, who missed me?

I know I missed me.

I’ve been away for nearly two weeks so I’ll do a quick recap of what I’ve been up to.

In no particular order:

SCHOOL

This university is slowly running me mad, I’ve been forgetting a lot of things of late. I’ve had situations where I forget that I’m supposed to submit an assignment which I never remember having. Thank God for good friends like KingLawal who doesn’t fail to put me on track every time I derail.

READING AND RESEARCHING ON NIGERIA’S MOST NOTORIOUS CRIMINALS

I suddenly developed keen interest in wanting to know the pioneers of deadly crimes in Nigeria. My discoveries shocked me and I decided that I wasn’t going to read them alone. I started an insta series about them. The stories are sitting pretty in my highlights. All my stories about those criminals are 100% sourced from the right sources.

STAYING BEAUTIFUL

If you’ve been up to date, you would notice that I’ve all of a sudden found a new hobby – matching my hair with my clothes. I didn’t realize how interesting this was until YusufShotme.

If you’ve seen this picture making rounds on the internet, you’re one out of many and we have Yusuf to thank for this magic. I almost look non-Nigerian here. All that’s left is for me to actually leave this country.

READING AFRICAN CONTEMPORARIES

You wouldn’t understand how important this is until you try to write and you’ve lost touch of your African roots in writing because you’ve been inconsistent with your reading. This has been me, I had to seek for help and look for a lot of books by Legendary writers. I started with Lola Shoneyin’s Secret lives of Baba Segi’s wives. It was my second time, reading it but I still was as mesmerized as I was during my first time.

I have an half full library of books I want to read, I just really need to find the time to.

My okadabooks still stands gallantly. I’ve read almost all the books there anyway.

MISSING MY PERIOD

Sometime last week, I died.

I woke up knowing that I was going to have the worst three days of my life because I didn’t wake up naturally.

The pain that enveloped me in my sleep had me considering whether or not I still wanted to be a girl.

By 12pm that afternoon, I laid in bed, waiting for my departure from this earth.

The last time I felt such pain in such situation was in 2016, while I was in year 1.

It was also the day I did my first episode on Nigerian criminals, with Godogodo as the center of attraction.

I threw up all my intestines while writing that story but of course, the show had to go on.

I do not want my period again.

Of course I did not miss it, I just wanted to use that subject.

My insta highlights still itches for your views.

LEARNING NEW STUFF AND MEETING NEW PEOPLE

You know that point in your life when you want a lot of things done but you’re too broke to pay for them so you resort to ‘doing it yourself’? Yup!! I got to that point in my life.

Nobody told me twice, I started downloading apps and teaching myself things that I would be needing for me, myself and I. Networking also became an option for me when I realized that I’m not enough for me. I made a couple of new friends, had a couple of new subscribers. I’m still not where I want to be.

PANICKING

I might have been putting up this face of total control but to be honest I’m dying inside.

Why?

I realize that in a few weeks, I’ll be turning twenty and I feel underachieved.

@_horlar shot this

All these smile, na facade. I honestly feel like I grew up too fast, I didn’t even get the chance to be nineteen completely and twenty is already running after me. I love the idea of birthdays but I definitely do not fancy the idea of turning a year older.

As much as I’ll be claiming to be 17 again this year, I just really want to know what to do before I turn 20.

My birthday is still in May. May 1st to be precise.

I need a list of things to do before 20.

Kindly use the comment section, thank you❤️

Oh, and my body doesn’t reject gifts o, I’m in the mood to start collecting them in advance.

1. Side chick April 5, 2018 at 6:27 pm

why must you put someone on suspsense,me that I\’m already thinking of buying you pampers and baby trolley as birthday gift. The only period you should miss is class period lmao. Happy birthday in advance

2. Naga April 5, 2018 at 8:48 pm

Feeling underachieved. I can relate but we go dey alright.

1. osas April 5, 2018 at 10:25 pm

We go dey alright o

3. osas April 5, 2018 at 10:25 pm

I have a short attention span when I\’m reading my school books too so I can\’t advice you in that aspect. Turn up is what I\’m not sure of o and no, I\’m not hooking up with a total stranger. STD\’s and mouth diseases are no strangers to man

4. osas April 5, 2018 at 10:26 pm

Lmao. Tell the cramps for me o

5. Valentinoe April 5, 2018 at 11:22 pm

But…. You\’re very fine o ahan!

1. osas April 5, 2018 at 11:46 pm

Too fine abeg!! I want your selfie stick

6. King Lawal April 5, 2018 at 11:38 pm

Recommendations of things to do before youre 20;

Shaibu\’s assignment. (I\’m sorry 🙂 ).
    Review for LITD.

1. osas April 5, 2018 at 11:46 pm

Just look at this hoe

7. osas April 5, 2018 at 11:45 pm

You can\’t even be left behind ❤️❤️

8. Benie April 6, 2018 at 6:44 am

That feeling of underachievement sha…very true but you just have to remind your self that not all things according to our plan produce a perfect plan

9. Korede Manuel April 6, 2018 at 9:04 am

I love the way you express these thoughts, I can absolutely relate at almost every part, great job ma\’am

10. BOB Sucre April 6, 2018 at 9:32 am

20 Already? Wawu!

You\’re doing great dear. Underachieved? I don\’t think so. I think you are right on time. Can you do much more? Yes! You\’ll do and be so much more – that much I know \’cause you keep pushing to be better. I\’m a firm believer in who you are becoming; I\’ve been since that first meeting some years ago at Ogudu.

And oh, your hips are finally peeking.

OK bye.

1. osas April 6, 2018 at 9:43 am

And yes, after many years of speaking it into existence, my hips are finally peeking

11. osas April 6, 2018 at 9:43 am

Don\’t worry boo. I won\’t

12. osas April 6, 2018 at 2:53 pm

Sister love❤️ I\’m really getting old o. Before we know now, I\’ll be 25.

I saved all the criminal series on my highlights. I should be doing Anini today or tomorrow

13. Amara April 7, 2018 at 1:23 pm

Wow, i just got to your page and your blog and I’m already very interested in seeing more. Talking about feeling underachieved, I wouldn’t say I know best cause I’m just 17 but I would say everything comes at it’s own time. You already started a blog and that’s good, that’s an achievement you can boast about! Things will get better, later on in life. Just keep it up!

1. osas April 7, 2018 at 2:54 pm

Your comment melted the core of my very being. Thank you so much. I really appreciate this❤️ thank you for finding me. Please spread the word

14. osas April 9, 2018 at 4:05 pm

Thank you Valiant.

lol there\’s no solution, I just refuse to grow old. My football age is 17

15. Wilfred April 10, 2018 at 2:49 pm

Staying beautiful… cool. Underachieved…Nah. I think you\’re doing great. All you need to whenever you feel that way is try and look back at where you were yesterday and where you are now. That should be your drive, getting better than what you are.
    All the same, I feel inspired by what you\’ve done and is still doing. Great job yellow abi golden hair girl. Doan get money, you look like Bill Gates, Dangote and Mark all put together.

16. Agboluaje Quadri April 11, 2018 at 11:24 pm

My first time reading an article up here and honestly I love it. It\’s funny, beautiful, honest there\’s just something about the way you write that makes me keen on wanting to read the next line and on and on. Keep this up please. I\’ll block you one day at school and probably tell you this in person.