You need to love me back!!!

*strolls in*

I’m glad to know that I always have you guys here everytime.

Now playing: the voices in my head stating 1001 reasons why I should get bedspace in my final year.

This week, we’ll be talking about something different that has no affiliation with me at all as we’ll be sticking to my story of me having no feelings.

I randomly asked last week “WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN THE PERSON YOU LOVE DOESN’T LOVE YOU BACK?” I got a lot of responses but the one response that pushed me to write this post came from someone very dear to me.

He said that he had found out the day before I asked the question that the girl he was really in love with didn’t feel the same way but was only leading him on because she was comfortable with the idea of being genuinely loved by someone. He had to find this out from a friend, I felt really bad for him and I asked some of my Instagram followers this same question, read their responses below.

Lois.leo – He did not even lead me on, he asked me out. His reason was because he needed to win a bet over his friends. He won.

Halimat Magaji – cry, scream, hurt and then when you’re tired and at your weakest and you have nothing left in you, pray and move on.

__jacquelline__ This is me right now. I can’t just ‘unlove’ them so I just stay in the zone till I’m ready to talk about it.

Alhaji_fuad – sleep with her best friend as payback (yeah, don’t do this guys)

Fatolafabs- It was a tough experience for me, when I realized that she was leading me on, what I did was stay very far away from her in every way I could. I stopped texting her, it was very tough but here I am, I’m alive, I didn’t die.

Superdupersore- I go on my knees and report her to God, the 24 elders and the host of heaven.

Interesting yeah?

Now read the narration of someone who’s leading someone on.

Weeks ago, I got a message from a friend complaining about a girl who had written a letter to him to express her feelings, the letter was a honest 4/10 and would not have convinced even me but I told him it was a 5 and he proceeded to tell me that it was from a girl who was deeply in love with him but he unfortunately had no feelings for her.

All I wanted to know was why he has not told her and he told me that he told her every time but of course the heart knows what it wants and he decided that he was going to play along since she had already stated that she wasn’t going to give up again. He enjoyed the benefit of being spoiled by her and it felt good to be on the receiving end this time.

She had gone as far as planning a weekend getaway for both of them and telling her grandma about him (at least that’s what she said she did, it might have been a ploy to hold him down and it was working because he was beginning to freak out) you would expect that he would set her straight and leave her alone yeah? I expected so too.

Well, he did not. He instead ran back to me two days ago to ask that I help him because the babe was apparently spending too much and he was beginning to feel guilty. I thought I had heard everything until he told me that she proposed.

She took him to the movies on Saturday, bought him everything edible in sight and while they were eating, she brought out a black box containing a ring, a chain and a pendant and asked that he be her boyfriend.

She went as far as kneeling down. He kept on laughing thinking it was a joke but she kept claiming to be serious so he had to walk out because people had began to stare.

I am not making this thing up, guys.

Did he leave? No.

He stayed to watch the movie because he loved the trailer and he didn’t want to pass on such good movie.When I asked him why he didn’t want to leave her alone even though he knew he didn’t want to have anything to do with her, his response was that ‘he didn’t want to be the bad guy in a girl’s love story because he didn’t want to ruin her life.’

The last thing we discussed was him giving me permission to post this here. Ordinarily, I would have had something to say but I’m tired and blank and I have no words for him.That’s why I’ll be leaving all the advice in your hands while I go back to balloting in hot tears, prayers and supplications.

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN THE ONE YOU LOVE DOESN’T LOVE YOU BACK?

HOW WOULD YOU REACT IN THE SHOES OF THE GUY ON THE RECEIVING END?

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN THAT PERSON ON THE GIVING END?

OF COURSE, WHAT WOULD YOU ADVICE THE TWO GUYS TO DO?

34 replies
  1. Babaebube
    Babaebube says:

I really feel for the both of them tho.. my own experience was I loved someone, thought she loved me back, after showing signs, tells me she doesn’t and insults me at my back thinking I wasn’t hearing from another class… tragic yeah ??

My advice to the guy.
    Expressing your mind to the person you call a friend is very important. Integrity keeps relationships, either friendship or a serious dating relationship, and of a truth it sounds weird but let her know how you feel.
    Don’t think you’d ruin her life because that’s the part you are already on, be plain, letting her understand your mistakes and apologize to her and beg her to move on .. as unrealistic as this sounds many people don swear at night naked with juju for boys wey do this kind thing. Oga you can’t come and be a fuck boy !! And from the way you sound in that chat you are not one, so don’t become one abeg ! It won’t be a bad idea if she remains your friend.
    I know I can be foolish but abeg consider my foolish thoughts today !
    One love bro … and irianele 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼.

2. Feezah
    Feezah says:

I’ve actually been on the other end of this kind of thing and it hurts as hell. He should tell her the truth now before she gets more invested than she already is. She’d definitely hate him forever, but if he doesn’t want to add a broken spine to the lifelong hate he’d be getting, he should let her know now and call it off ASAP.

3. Naga
    Naga says:

He fucked up when he decided to play along. There’s no way he thought it would get easier or she would magically lose feels.

Its tough but he should tell her before she enters full on psycho girlfriend mode and buries him. Leading someone on is never the answer.

4. Side Chick
    Side Chick says:

I used to be a Big Demon in this. If a girl mistakenly said she likes me,She has entered big trouble. I’ll just keep leading you on like I’m taking you to the promise land and then after you think I’ll ask you out,I’ll now spell it out to you that we are just friends. Continued until I met a psycho,Let the matter just end here because When a Psycho girl wants to deal with you,your life would change after the experience. I’ve changed now sha,I’m not leading anyone on,No one is leading me on. I’m just here being a babydaddy to many generations

5. Courage
    Courage says:

I’m very guilty of this tho. Sometimes we get carried away by all the attention we getting that we forgot to tell them we don’t really them. It’s never right tho
    It just feels good but the end game ehn 😵😵😵😵 one guy almost cursed me that time,Mr I was kneeling to beg o because I know the curse will catch me.

6. Ayo ifedapo
    Ayo ifedapo says:

This is something i’ve had to like deal with on both sides … I’ve been nice to people to developed feelings and I dont want to be rude or be the bad guy .. I just act like its nothing .. But then karma always serves us on a plate of Gold, me self jam person wey pass me .. Fell in love but that one was using my heart to practice ping pong .. Shioorr never again .. Lets all be fooling eachother .. Madness!!

7. Lesley
    Lesley says:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
    Proposed
    What tf is wrong with the babe?
    Didn’t she see that her gestures were not reciprocated.
    If someone you love doesn’t love you back,move on!!!
    What are you still staying around for fam???

OhhhhGoddd🤦🏿‍♀️🤦🏿‍♀️🤦🏿‍♀️

8. DOA
    DOA says:

I feel, he should have just told her he doesn’t see her that way or he is not interested… Leading someone on is bad😥 . One sided expectations is really bad and painful too…
    Highest she will do is cry and feel really bad, but then she will get over it with time.. Except if the girl is obsessed with him

9. Eniola
    Eniola says:

I’ll cry for days and move on but it’ll be difficult
    As for the guy he should tell the girl he does not like her and he should stop texting her but guys are wicked , he led her on this far

10. Achike Faith
    Achike Faith says:

The first question is what I’m going to answer
    I feel like I’m already in this situatiom,and my feelings never lie at least from all the situations happening lately,they truly never
    From the 9th of October 2018 till tomorrow this guy hasnt called,we’ve been having small small chats which i think is stupid and weird but here i am stupidly hanging on thinking he’s going to come back to his senses
    Back to my feelings,i feel like this guy had a bet with his friends because he wanted to prove to them that “HE BE MAN” this dude knew i was always having problem with my emotions and then the idiot took advantage of evetything,it’s surprising how I’m calling him names but I’m still here hoping he’ll call
    I’m just tired of my life abeg

• osas
      osas says:

Had to go and come back to read this. You’re hurting yourself by yourself and you know it and you refuse to accept it, it will haunt you

11. Fatola Fabs
    Fatola Fabs says:

Bros shouldn’t have played on. There is no way the feeling will die down after leading her on, it online gets stronger. I had this experience few years ago too, but I made it clear to her.
    At first, she was crazy and all, wasn’t gonna talk to me… But after some time, she came back and apologized. Today, we’re best of friends and she keeps asking if I’ve gotten a girlfriend. Lol

12. Oluwatosin
    Oluwatosin says:

Truth is the only safe ground to stand upon. Toiling with someone’s heart is never the way oooo cos it can come back and bite him in the yansh. But the babe is extra tho. Guys lead on mostly. I normally if they are feeding on the emotional energy of the ladies involved because they’ll now be exhausted ehhn because they’ve outdone themselves. It is well. May those we like us back and if they don’t, nothing spoil, we move🤘

13. Thefoureyedblogger
    Thefoureyedblogger says:

About this loving and not loving back, I had this really bad experience. This has to be the first time I’ll be Sharing it.
    There was this guy, let’s say his name is F, we knew each other while doing a program and I might have liked him since then, when I entered uni, he was in the same school and same department but a year ahead. He comes to my hostel, we talk everyday and we were so cool. When he comes around, we make out and stuffs and this kept going for close to a year oh, One day sha, I summoned courage and asked nigga, guy what exactly are we doing, his response? “I don’t know” whaaaaat? Okey okey, what do you want from me? His response again- I really don’t know. So I was like is this some FWB arrangement or something? He was like no no, then what is it? He doesn’t know. That moment, I knew I was done. Funny thing, I’ve not stopped liking him 😫🤦

14. Johnson Emmanuel
    Johnson Emmanuel says:

It’s wrong to continue leading her on, that’s someone’s daughter and I’m pretty sure, he won’t be happy if someone was treating his daughter the way he’s treating her( he’s actually using her and it’s wrong)

Love is beautiful, it’s the purest and strongest force that will ever exist, you shouldn’t play with someone’s heart and feelings cos you know they love you ( if I was God there will be a special place for people like this in hell 😌😒😒😒)

He should call her , apologize to her and take responsibility for his actions before things go south cos the babe already proposed!!! and that’s seriously a waste of “genuine love, affection and attention”, something people will kill for!!!

We should always learn to do what’s right than doing what’s easy…

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!