, ,

A CHEATING PARTNER? WHO DID WE OFFEND PLEASE?

I’ve been staring at the blank space upon which I’m typing for over an hour now and I can tell you that I AM LOST. It all looks strange to me seeing that I’ve not been here for weeks now.

All of these feels new to me, so you’ll forgive me if I type like a novice because that’s exactly how I’m feeling.

Now playing: Oluchukwu by Morris Jehty.

It would be rude of me to make this blog post without asking HOW ARE YOU? If your answer is the usual ‘I’m fine’, I hope from the bottom of my heart that you’re genuinely fine.

I apologize terribly for my inconsistency, it has been on purpose. I procrastinated a lot till I got here and I don’t think I ever want that to happen again because I missed this place. My safe haven that coincidentally got me nominated for an award at the department. It would never have been possible without you. Thank you💜

Now playing: I love you by Jonathan McReynolds.

I love this song and how it puts me in my feelings because it’s a constant reminder that God never left me.

I witnessed a little child get hit by the bus I was in, she went under the bus and I had never experienced fear as much as I did during this hit. Thankfully, she survived.

During this last week, I heard something that made my heart cut, I usually read about it on twitter but never in my lifetime did I think that it would happen to someone I know.

For the sake of this narration, the characters will be referenced as single letters.

A – female character who is old enough.

B – male character who is older.

Other minor characters will be included later on.

It so happened that A and B had been in a relationship for quite a while now and they participated squarely in senseless arguments like a lot of couples do. B was very fond of going through his girlfriend’s phone suspiciously. A didn’t mind because she had nothing to hide but she became overly curious when he would never leave his phone unguarded.

One evening, she caught him lost in his phone, chatting away and smiling like a little girl, she had been talking to him but from all indications, he heard nothing. She called his attention and asked who it was he was chatting with that was making him so engrossed and he said it was his colleague in the office. He went on to explain that they had earlier played Truth or Dare at the office and it was discovered that this said female colleague was a virgin.

Unamused by his explanation, she went further to ask why he was chatting with her and he gave the general excuse. “My guy wants to run her parole so I’m helping him.”

Helping him do what sir? She asked that he stopped and let his colleague run her parole by himself with his own hands and mouth and he promised to.

Weeks later, when all was well and forgotten, she had gone to spend the weekend at his house as usual and they were both tired to cook anything heavy. They decided to do takeout and went off to get food outside the house. They came back and an argument ensued about the food, causing the guy to walk out on her in anger leaving his phone in the sitting room.

Did I fail to mention that this was a house with a lot of rooms and spaces and A had not quite gotten used to moving around the house yet so she stayed put in the sitting room hoping that he would come back but he did not. She was left alone for a few minutes.

She screamed his name from the sitting room and asked him to come down, when he did, he was looking a lot calmer. They were going to talk about it until her hand mistakenly went to his phone where he dropped it. According to her, he flew from where he was to where the phone was and snatched it while screaming at her to never touch his phone in her entire life.

To begin with, she didn’t even know the password of the phone as he had refused to tell her so this aroused her suspicion. She carefully hatched her plan of waiting for him to sleep and then using his fingerprint to unlock the phone.

It worked because he sleeps deep. She went to the bathroom and began to go through his phone carefully, she saw the side of her boyfriend that she had never seen before – the romantic and gentle side.

To his colleague.

The very one he claimed that he was helping his friend get.

She began to cry and went through other messages, there was more than one girl. She ran back into the room and hit him on his body to wake him up while brandishing his phone screen at his face screaming “what is this!!”

He calmly got up and said “this is why I asked you not to touch my phone, I didn’t want you to see these things”. The nerve.

What was said after that is not our business as they kept on arguing on top of their voices. When he could not take it anymore, he asked her to leave the house because he felt she was too angry to be around him.

At midnight.

Humility found her and she asked that he let her stay till morning seeing that she had nowhere to go that night but he had the upper hand now and he began to pack her load downstairs. The begging intensified and his pride increased.

She asked that he did not wake the neighbors so they wouldn’t come out and he openly said “if they do, I’ll tell them you’re a prostitute I picked from the streets”

Men, scum? Never!!!

She pleaded until he agreed to let her stay and sleep in the sitting room. There, she stayed and cried her eyes out for hours. He came a few hours later to pacify her and to drop the bombshell.

“The virgin is not the one you should be scared of, I’ve been dating someone for five years and she’s expecting me to propose to her by April.”

At this point of the narration, I was shattered for her.

He went on to say that they could still be dating on the side, his real girlfriend didn’t have to come between them.

It happened for real.

Of course, she broke up with him but she has been depressed ever since.

He still calls her till now.

EVER HAD A CHEATING PARTNER ? HOW DID YOU FIND OUT?

WHAT DID YOU DO WHEN YOU FOUND OUT?

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CAUGHT CHEATING?

WHY DID YOU CHEAT TO BEGIN WITH?

WOULD YOU HAVE HANDLED THE CASE DIFFERENTLY IF YOU WERE IN HER SHOES?

60 replies
  1. quadri agboluaje
    quadri agboluaje says:

😭😭😭 oh my gosh! “this is why I asked you not to touch my phone, I didn’t want you to see these things” The fucking audacity! I can’t begin to think of what A might be going through, it’s happenings like this that break people, then she turn hard guy and start breaking boys hearts creating an endless cycle of heartbreakers. I pray it never gets to that level and she recuperates well.

2. Isiki
    Isiki says:

First of all welcome back osas. I feel so bad for the girl . The guy absolutely has no shame. Yesssss o I’ve been cheated on. I picked up his phone and read his messages . Was I angry? Very . But guess what he broke up with me because she saw a video I posted of us kissing and she went hysterical. After breaking up with me he started calling me saying we should still remain friends…what he meant was that we should still be having sex… I’m not going to lie . For a while we were ; but each time I would feel bad and ask him if his girlfriend and how she would feel .One day I called him and told him that we should stop talking to each other and he got angry. The story is long. Very long. Anyways we don’t talk because I’ve blocked him but he still finds other ways to contact me. Cheating is a no-no for me.

• osas
      osas says:

You’re strong o😪😪 you caught him cheating and still remained friends, you moved from side chick position to friends with benefits. I’m sad

3. Barakah Olaniyan
    Barakah Olaniyan says:

I’m angry. Jesus I’m angry. Why the hell are these cheating bastard still alive? As for me, it was never this deep. I’ve just been know to take things like this in stride.
    He cheated on me with my closest friend. Said it was because they were both high. Found out via the friend with the smuggest look on her face. It’s smallpox that will still kill the two of them. I cried for a month straight. Prayed never to find myself in such mysterious conditions. Lmao I’ve build house inside it
    This life is a pot of beans. It’s like there are no genuine people in the world again. Anyhow sha. God go dey

4. Dania
    Dania says:

Nooo😩😩. I pray she finds peace later even though it will take a while.
    I just hope there are men who can prove to be worthy because all these stories get scarier day by day😢

5. Mariam
    Mariam says:

Wow 😭😭 idk what’s worse the fact that he didn’t feel remorse or the fact that he wanted to send her out in the middle of the night. I really hope she would find someone that would appreciate her and know her worth

6. Tits
    Tits says:

Sigh! Most guys out there are MAD!!! This is inhumane!!! Are you sure its blood flowing through his veins? First there’s one bullshit people recite almost all the time ‘don’t go through a Guy’s phone, so you won’t see things that will break your heart’. Well. God will punish anyone that says that to my hearing. Don’t go through kini? Well, I’d rather see things that will break my heart than be happy with a cheat! I don’t think my partner cheats nevertheless I don’t still trust him fully. Men will always be men. I pray she pulls through and finds somebody who’ll cherish her as she deserves.
    And I pray we don’t have any partner who’d cheat on us. That thing hurts to the bone marrow!

• osas
      osas says:

This thing has already opened my eyes to the fact that I might not be trusting any man soon because no be me and them abeg. Ahahn!!!

7. Onyinye_cf
    Onyinye_cf says:

Wow. So funny how I can actually relate to this so much. Hopefully someday I’ll summon up the courage to tell you my story(ies) 😪

8. Oge
    Oge says:

I’ve never found myself in this situation but I believe I’m liable to commit murder with the anger that I would feel. This is too much. He does not deserve her in any way and I pity his longterm girlfriend. This guy is the actual devil’s incarnate. God!!! 😡

9. Bobby
    Bobby says:

The guy is heartless abeg….. He had the courage to even tell her its not the virgin you should be afraid of 🤦🤦🤦🤦…..

10. Efe
    Efe says:

Some men are scumbags who deserve to be flushed down the toilet, y’all need to go see @halfricanbeaute yyoutube video on 19 signs to know if he/she is a fboy/fgirl cuz if you’ve seen that video you’ll know that if your boyfriend or girlfriend doesn’t let you touch their phone or always turns their phone downward then they should be red flagged cuz they obviously hiding something, pls to all the girls out there going through something like this please don’t belittle yourself, you’re way more than that and you deserve more than that, very good and insightful post tho, love y’all, keep up the good work

11. Lolade
    Lolade says:

First off, welcome back Osas. I missed you.
    To the subject matter, if I haven’t had my own experience, I’d probably say I’m liable to kill somebody’s son with the kind of anger I will feel, but you’d be surprised at how much you can deal with when faced with situation s like this. I’ve had my share and I think once is enough for me to learn my lesson. And like Osas will say, no one can love me more than me and God 😌😌
    Thanks for this topic Osas. I love you.

12. Dee
    Dee says:

Well I dunno why guys cheat I’ve never dated a loyal guy before they all cheat …the one that happened last really broke my heart we’ve been dating for 3 months but I never checked his phone for once cause I trusted him but he always check mine one faithful day I saw him deleting messages on his Nokia phone wen he saw I was looking he stopped then after some time I picked up his phone the first text message I saw was let’s hve fun again I miss your dick ,even wen he was at a friend’s place the address he sent to me wen I was going to meet him there he sent it to like 4 other girls,telling another girl he finds her attractive he likes her shape and all ,before then he said he missed me I told him to come around he said he couldn’t but that same day I saw that he went to surulere he even lodged for 2 days with another girl,another text from a girl saying wen will u come and pick me ,he was even pricing a runzgirl I couldn’t check his WhatsApp cause I’ve seen enough just on his Nokia phone ..I don’t really understand guys it’s always like a dream wen all this happens the pain is just unbearable

13. Lois
    Lois says:

Lol…Cheating partners..me I kuku cannot kill myself.. After my ex told his side chick that I am his cousin nko…that one later came back to me to narrate the details of her make out session with my “cousin”

14. DAARAH
    DAARAH says:

Wow my God😭😭😭
    I am speechless tbvh but some guys won’t make heaven no matter what
    I pray she finds a better man 🙏🏾

15. Ireti
    Ireti says:

Wooow, men are truly scumbags
    I have been cheated on once too. We dated for 5 months or so, he wasn’t even protective of his phone cause he had apparently hidden the evidence. But I found a screenshot on his phone (he missed it while he was hiding the rest)from his ex, They had gotten back together and were dating behind my back. when I confronted him, he was like he wanted a break up. I was torn apart, cried a lot but I got over it. I’m glad you’re back Osas I missed you.

16. Qbee
    Qbee says:

Haaa. . Jesus… My life… God will punish this guy o. Thunder will fire him. He will die an untimely death. Jesu… Mogbe…modaran… I dont even know what to say. I don’t know why guys do stuffs like this in the first place. Like I don’t grab. I’m crying 😩😩😩

17. Shorlarh
    Shorlarh says:

I pray no one has to endure a cheating husband because that one ehn is the worst. How will someone get out of that. Even a cheating boyfriend is problematic. Later they will open mouth and say its the devil’s handwork mtcheeee rubbish. God help us oooo

18. Lola
    Lola says:

When we say men are scum … Oh gosh 😑
    This one is even worse … I’ve heard a similar story but this one o loud gan …
    I hope she gets over it soon…

19. Spartan
    Spartan says:

20. Spartan
    Spartan says:

This story just made my remember my last relationship with my ex.. 2 years ago… almost the same scenario… here was I oblivious to the fact that he was engaged! Everybody knew. His friends even neighbours and I would visit him at his place and the way they would hype me like… smh.. I found out about the other girl ” the Mrs” *laughs thats what he saved her name at the time* while snooping and after confronting him… he lied then when that was working, he had the audacity to call her and fake conversation.*smiles* Morale lesson: not all men are scum. You would find good men afterwards. I did but my free spirit and the new born ‘casanova’ spirit hasn’t let me settle. I guess karma is definitely a bitch because the girl found out about me, duped his ass and got married the three months after. It might painful at first moving on, healing, forgiving and forgetting but take your time, don’t rush yourself. Learn the lessons and pick your ass up. It would be fine. It always will. Osas first time visiting your blog, even though I stalk you on IG. Lovely read! Kudos gurrrl 💪

21. Mideshol
    Mideshol says:

Wait did he really say “ they could still be dating on the side, his real girlfriend didn’t have to come between them”. Aswear I can’t deal, everybody is just mad in this world se, it seems people just wake up and decide to be unfortunate😂😂😂

22. Peniel
    Peniel says:

All people cheat. Women are just really good at covering their tracks. That being said I think it’s pretty sad that a lot of people lose their conscience when they do thing like this. There’s hardly any logical explanation for these kinds of behaviors. Sigh

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!